Growing vegetables in plastic bottles is an easy way to build your small garden even in the smallest spaces and recycle materials that would otherwise end up in the trash.
To work you will need the following items: two plastic bottles, screws or nails to make holes, strings, a ruler, scissors and a pencil. Also a lighter and duct tape.
Steps to follow:
- Cut a rectangle on the sides of the bottles and make several holes with the nails or screws through which the rope will pass.
- Then cut the rope you will use in half according to the length you want to hang the bottle. Then burn the sides and compress them.
- Bring the rope through the holes in the bottle.
- Take a piece of duct tape and put it on the bottom of the bottle.
- Make two knots, one at the top and one at the bottom
- Measure the plant you are going to grow in the bottle to determine a height.
- Then put the leftover rope in the first bottle, passing it to the second bottle.
- At the end you can join as many bottles as you want and in the way you like best.
The plants that you can grow in plastic bottles are:
Strawberries, lettuce, spinach, arugula, cherry tomatoes, peas, parsley, garlic, chicory, chard, chili peppers and chives.
With information from: