We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Plant milks are drinks that are obtained from seeds and water. They contain the nutrients of the cereal, the nut or the seed of origin.
They are an alternative (or not) to milk of animal origin; Its consumption is recommended for everyone, especially people with lactose intolerance, problems and chronic skin conditions, some contain gluten so celiacs should opt for gluten-free seeds and fruits.
They are cheap and easy to prepare. They provide a high concentration of vitamins, minerals and essential fatty acids. Ideally, prepare them at home and keep them in the refrigerator for no more than 3 days.
Sweetening them is an option, being able to use honey, muscovado sugar or stevia. Ideally, get used to the original flavors.
These vegan milks can also be supplemented with fruit or vegetable juice (apples, grapes, peaches, carrots, celery, etc). We can also raise its fat content with the addition of cold-pressed vegetable oils (olive, coc, flax, sunflower, chia, sesame).
- They can be used as: drink, alone, with infusions, with juices, with fresh fruit smoothies, with vegetable smoothies.
- They can be used to perform: no-cook sauces, mousse, vegetable mayonnaise, vegetable cream.
- They can be sweetened with: honey, muscovado sugar, soaked dried fruits (dates, raisins, peaches ...)
- They can be flavored with: cinnamon, essences (vanilla, lemon, mint…), ginger, cardamom seeds, lemon or orange zest (organic), fresh mint leaves, fresh stevia, fresh lemon verbena.
- They can be enriched with: carob flour, bitter cocoa, grated coconut, 1 ° cold pressing oils.
- They can be cast with: a canvas type fabric, they will be soft; or consume without straining, they will be rougher.
When making vegetable milks at home, there is a residue that can be used to enrich dough, fillings, hamburgers, desserts among many other options.
This is how the milks are made:
Those obtained from cereals: brown rice, oats, quinoa, amaranth, barley, etc.,MUST be cooked, contain starch.
Those obtained from seeds: sesame, sunflower, pumpkin; and dried fruits: almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts,They should NOT be cooked, its precious nutrients are destroyed; they can be warmed.
- a glass blender or blender
- a grinder, chopper, turmix ... etc
- a fine mesh strainer
- a piece of cotton cloth or sieve
- filtered or bottled water
- Seeds of our preference
Note: The consumption of these milks is indicated in children from 6 months "if they tolerate cereals well", 1 and ½ years for the milks of nuts and seeds. If they are sweetened or honey is added, starting from the year.
With information from: