A healthy and balanced diet is recommended at any time, but vitamin needs may vary depending on our age, since our body changes over time.
Our body has constant vitamin needs in our 20s, 30s and 40s or more.
However, these needs are not always exactly the same.
Take note of the type of vitamins that your body needs especially depending on your age.
At this age you do numerous physical activities and, although you may not know it, your body begins to prepare for motherhood.
- In this way you get the general resistance through polyvitamins.
- The elasticity of your skin, its tone and healthy hair are given through vitamins A, D and zinc.
- With regard to your reproductive system, it especially needs vitamin E, folic acid and iron.
- Your immune system works especially thanks to vitamins B6 and B12.
- The good general condition of your body is achieved through vitamin C.
Whether you eat too much industrial pastry or skip meals, you could end up being overweight or poorly nutritional.
So keep in mind that at 20, it is the ideal stage to start a routine of good eating habits.
- At this stage, your body needs minerals and protein for the development of muscle mass.
- The best thing is to eat fats of vegetable origin and increase the consumption of iron, vitamins B and C, in order to strengthen your immune system.
At this age the body itself protects the organism from future diseases, while maintaining the efficiency of all systems.
At this stage of your life, the elasticity of your skin and preserving the good condition of the dermis depends on vitamins A and E.
- Your immune and nervous systems work thanks to the B vitamins, vitamin C and magnesium.
- The proper functioning of your body is also due to zinc, vitamin A and iron and cell restoration is provided by phosphorus and calcium.
At this stage of your life, you may begin to see a few extra grams on the scale that, little by little, will increase.
If this is your case, it is time to act and reduce the amount of food you eat, as the body slows down.
Try to eat healthier and more natural foods. Choose:
- Blue fish (rich in omega 3)
- Sauteed vegetables
- Five servings of fruits a day
- Breakfast cereal to provide your body with fiber
- Foods rich in calcium and iron
Avoid processed foods and certain condiments, such as sauces and fried foods, which will only provide you with empty calories.
At 40 there is a stage in which you continue to preserve your youth, but it is time to protect your weakest points.
- If you have a low energy level, you may have anemia and would need to ingest iron.
- To protect your bones properly you should take calcium and vitamin D.
- In the event that you have anxiety, muscle aches and cramps, what you will need is magnesium and potassium.
- If you are looking to protect the health of your heart and blood vessels, you will need folic acid and vitamin B12.
- Also, if you want the best cancer and antioxidant protection, you will need vitamins A, C, D and E.
At this stage your body will begin to experience the first hormonal changes. The key to combating possible weight changes is in antioxidants.
Foods rich in antioxidants prevent the effect of free radicals on our body. These are the culprits of premature aging of cells.
- Don't skip five servings of vegetables and fruits a day. Also do not forget the steamed or grilled fish and have nuts.
- In this stage it will be important to increase the consumption of foods rich in vitamins A and D to combat osteoporosis.
- We must also reduce the amount of salt we eat in order not to suffer later from fluid retention that makes us gain extra kilos.
The best foods according to your age, find them here