Fried yucca is undoubtedly the perfect appetizer to accompany a delicious meal. Cassava, like potato, is a Latin tuber characterized by its high starch content.
In Puerto Rico, as in other Caribbean countries, it is consumed in various traditional dishes such as yuca empanada, alcapurrias, yuca al ajillo and viand pastries.
Cassava helps us regulate cholesterol levels, in addition to stabilizing heart rate and blood pressure. It is also highly recommended for those who want to lose weight.
Cassava(also known as cassava or tapioca) it is a tuber rich in starches, it is an edible root that is highly desired for its delicious flavor, it is similar to potatoes, yams, taro and bananas; it is rich in carbohydrates,These are components that provide up to 80 percent of energy to the body.
This food is ideal for those who have a diet to reduce weight, since it is extremely low in fat, it also has a large amount of protein, much greater than that of other tubers, thus helping those who consume it to lower the cholesterol levels in the blood.
- For its high content of dietary fiberhelps lower triglyceride levels, thus contributing to the body to function correctly.
- It is really beneficial for the nervous system, reduces anxiety and is also the best way to combat irritable bowel discomfort.
- This food has among its components large amounts of vitamin K, which contributes to the formation of bone mass and fights osteoporosis; it is also used in the treatment of Alzheimer's patients.
- It is also a source of vitamins B, B-6It also has very good amounts of folates, thiamine, riboflavin and pantothenic acid.It is ideal for hair care and for finishing acne scars.
- Cassava also contains minerals such as zinc, magnesium and copper, which provide energy to the people who consume it. It is a good source of potassium, which is important in the production of cellular fluids, alsoIt is an important regulator of heart rate and blood pressure.
- It is recommended in the treatment of diarrhea, flu, some inflammations and conjunctivitis.
As you can see, this is a really healthy root and it is also very easy to prepare.
Fried cassava recipe
3 cups canola oil
Peel and cut the yucca into 3-4 inch pieces, boil in plenty of salted water to taste. Cook for 20 to 30 minutes.
Once soft but still firm, drain it and remove the central strand. Part in little fingers.
Heat the oil and fry the yuca until it turns a golden color. Drain on absorbent paper.
Serve with a cilantro cream sauce or salsa (mayoketchup), or with lemon wedges.
As you can see, this delicious food is really very important, not only for its nutritional and energy contribution, but also for the benefits and properties that help improve the health of those who consume it regularly.