TheOatmeal Cookies They are delicious. In this recipe you can remove the sugar and replace it with stevia or muscovado sugar, thus making them healthier cookies. You can also add nuts, raisins, dehydrated blueberries or any similar ingredient, always with the idea of doing something dietary.
They are versatile cookies that accept many modifications by whoever is going to prepare them.
Without more to say:
Vegan Oatmeal Cookies Recipe
- 225 gr. fine rolled oats
- 260 gr. white wheat flour
- 180 gr. brown sugar or panela
- 200 gr. sunflower oil
- 80 ml. of water
- 4 gr. royal yeast
- 1 c.c. of salt
- In a bowl we put the oat flakes, the flour, the sugar, the yeast and the salt. We add the oil and water. We mix well.
- We preheat the oven to 180º.
- While the oven is warming up, we are taking portions of the dough, we make compact balls and place them on greaseproof paper on a baking tray.
- We press the balls to flatten them and give them the shape of cookies.
- Bake at 180º for about 20 minutes or until the cookies turn golden.
- When we remove the cookies from the oven, we will let them cool on a rack.
- To finish, we will decorate them with a little chocolate. We melt chocolate in a double boiler. Meanwhile, we prepare a small sleeve with vegetable paper, which we will shape into a cone. We pour the melted chocolate into our small paper sleeve and draw some lines of chocolate on the cookies.
Variations that you can make to this recipe to give it a personal touch:
Oat and chocolate cookies
You can do 2 things: use cocoa powder in the mixture or put chocolate chips on it.
With cocoa: just add 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder to the bowl, along with the flour, egg, and other ingredients. Mix well and follow the other steps in the recipe.
With chocolate chips: Prepare the cookies as per the recipe and just when you have the dough ready to put in the oven, put chocolate chips, the amount you want. Bake and go.
Apple oatmeal cookies
You will need 1 golden apple. Remove the skin and core with the seeds. Cut it into small cubes.
Follow the cookie recipe as explained in this post and add the apple pieces to the mix. Bake as directed.
With information from: