You can enjoy a delicious chili, without the addition of meat, go ahead and try it
- 1 chopped onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) vegetable oil
- 1 can (540 ml) canned bean mix, rinsed
- 1 can (796 ml) diced tomatoes, with juices
- 1 cup (250 ml) frozen corn
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) chili powder
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and diced (optional)
- 2 tsp (10 ml) paprika powder
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 2 cups (500 ml) tomato juice
- 1 ½ cup (375 ml) textured vegetable protein
- Chopped 4-piece green onion
1. In a large pot, sauté the onions and garlic in vegetable oil until translucent.
2. Add beans, tomatoes, corn, lime juice, chili powder, jalapeño, bell pepper, salt, and tomato juice. Mix well.
3. Cover the pot and bring to a boil. Stir and reduce heat to simmer.
4. Simmer while covered for about 20 minutes.
5. Add the textured vegetable protein and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes. Season to taste. An additional ½ cup (125 ml) of water can be added if the chili is too thick.
6. Add the green onion. Season to taste.
Original recipe (in English)