We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Sacher cake, original recipe and vegan version. How to prepare a delicious Sacher cake following the traditional recipe or using the counterpart without eggs, butter and other derivatives of animal origin.
Original Sacher Cake
There Sacher cake it's a chocolate cake of Austrian origin. There Sacher cakeit is very popular and widespread all over the world, so much so that it can be found on the menus of the most diverse restaurants. We find it in pastry shops, in the dessert counter of supermarkets, in fast food restaurants… in short, finding this tasty dessert is certainly not difficult. It takes more effort, however, to prepare it at home.
There homemade sacher cakeit gives us the opportunity to taste a genuine and quality product, without the presence of various preservatives. In this regard we will illustrate you how to make homemade sacher cake following the traditional recipe, step by step.
How to make Sacher cake, original recipe
Here are the ingredients for theSacher cake
- 80 grams of dark chocolate
- 60 grams of butter
- 20 grams of powdered sugar
- 3 organic eggs
- 100 grams of granulated sugar
- Vanilla powder
- 70 grams of flour type 00
- 160 gr of apricot jam
- A pinch of salt
The ingredients to prepare the glaze Ganashe:
- 250 ml of liquid cream
- 350 gr of dark chocolate
In Austria theSacher Original Cakewhich includes two layers of apricot jam, one upper and one on the lower base. The traditional cake of the "Eduard Sacher Torte" includes only one. It is a detail but it makes the difference between two recipes. Another variant of Sacher cake involves the use of blueberry jam instead of apricot.
Homemade Sacher Cake
- Pour the liquid cream into a saucepan and heat it over medium heat
- Bring to a boil and add 40 grams of dark chocolate, taking care to mix with a wooden spoon
- Stir until you are sure that the chocolate has melted completely and blended with the cream
- Melt the remaining chocolate in pieces in a bowl in a double boiler
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, whisk the butter with the icing sugar, salt and vanilla
- Take the eggs, separate the yolks from the white and set aside
- At this point, add the egg yolks, lightly beaten, to the mixture just prepared, then the melted chocolate in a bain-marie
- In another bowl, whip the egg whites with the granulated sugar until stiff and add everything to the mixture prepared before, taking care to mix from the bottom up
- Add the flour and mix again until the mixture is smooth
- Pour the mixture just obtained into a previously greased and floured 20 cm diameter oven mold
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for about 35-40 minutes.
- When the sacher cake is ready, remove from the oven and turn it upside down
- When the cake has cooled, cut it in half horizontally so as to obtain two discs
- Spread a layer of apricot jam with the spatula on the first disc and cover with the second
- Spread the rest of the jam along the edges and over the entire surface of the cake that you will cover with the ganache prepared just before use, to prevent it from solidifying
- Put the cake in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes or until the ganache has solidified.
Garnish with whipped cream and serve.
Vegan Sacher Cake
Who is looking for theSacher cake recipe without eggsand without butter, he can take advantage of his versionVegan. Here are the ingredients needed for 8 people:
- 200 g of flour 0
- 180 g of sugar
- 5.4 dl of soy milk
- 80 g of corn starch
- 500 g of dark chocolate
- 20 g of sweet cocoa powder
- 10 g of baking powder for cakes
- 80 g of sunflower oil or canola oil
- 300 g of apricot jam
Sacher cake without eggs, how to proceed
Here's how to prepare thevegan sacher cake.
In a container, mix flour, sugar, cocoa, corn starch and yeast. Gradually add 2.8 dl of milk and the entire amount of oil. Mix well.
Transfer the mixture to a pan with a diameter of about 22 cm. Bake in a preheated oven at 170 ° C for 20 minutes.
Aside, prepare the glaze. Heat the rest of the vegetable milk, bring it to a boil.
Finely chop the dark chocolate and add it to the saucepan with the boiling milk. Turn until you get a smooth, lump-free fluid.
Remove the sponge cake from the oven, let it cool and then cut it into two layers. For the versionveganof theSacher Original Cakeyou will have to put the apricot jam on both layers of sponge cake, otherwise, put the apricot jam only on the bottom layer.
Cover the sponge cake with the chocolate glaze. Let it rest for a few hours in the fridge and yoursVegan Sacher Cakeready!
Sacher cake with cream
The original recipe does not include a filling with cream, however, those who prefer can also add a layer of cream inside theSponge cake. Popularly, cream is used to garnish Sachertorte once served on the plate.