We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Fried or baked carrot balls, classic recipe (without potatoes) or with added potatoes (carrot and potato balls). Useful tips to get the perfect carrot balls.
Thecarrotsthey always come in handy in the kitchen, they are versatile in everything: they flavor your ragù just as they can become the perfect side dish for any occasion. They enrich your salad, season pasta, fish and meats ... then you can grow them in the garden at any time of the year and they can also be used to garnish your dishes, adding a touch of color.
Therecarrotit is rarely grown in Italian gardens, yet it should never be missing in the kitchen, to garnish, to season or simply to prepare a fresh centrifuged!
The classic orange carrot has Dutch origin (it is no coincidence that orange is the color of the Netherlands), however, we Italians also have our own cultivars. If the orange carrot is the most widespread in the world, in Italy there is no shortagecolored carrots: thepurple carrot, for example, it is a Slow Food presidium (purple carrot from Polignano a Mare) and can be the wild card of many courses, ready to amaze, color and flavor any course.
Among other colored carrots, there is no shortage of yellow carrots pure or yellow with purple pulp. While the yellow ones have a sweeter flavor, the purple carrots have a stronger flavor. Those who love very delicate and light flavors can aim for the white carrot.
After this synthesis, let's move on to oursrecipe of carrot meatballs without potatoes, for frying or baking.
Recipe: carrot balls without potatoes
In this recipe I propose cooking in the oven, nothing prevents you from cooking the potato balls in a pan, with a drizzle of oil and a lid, or directly fried. Let's see the ingredients.
- 300 grams of carrots
better if purple carrots, with a stronger flavor
- 4 spring onions
- 100 gr of fresh bread crumbs
- 80 gr of sliced almonds
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lemon
- 3 basil leaves
Know that you can prepare bothcarrot ballssingles than a carrot flan, likecarrot meatloafusing one of those plumcake rolls. The ingredients just seen can be useful to fill an 8 × 22 cm rectangular mold, you will get a carrot meatloaf to be cut into slices, an even more original way to serve carrots.
- Toast the almonds in a non-stick pan. Be careful, if the non-stick pan is very hot, it will only take you a few seconds. As soon as you see that the strips start to brown, remove them.
- Cut the spring onions into thin slices and fry them gently in a pan with 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- Chop the crumbs of fresh bread (with the help of a mixer), add the cooled eggs and spring onions. Add a pinch of salt, some lemon juice and a handful of basil leaves. Run the mixer.
- Finally, add the almonds.
At this point, you've got the foundation for yourscarrot balls without potatoes. This base can be used in several ways:
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 ° C for 40 minutes in case of carrot meatloaf.
- Bake the classic carrot balls in a preheated oven at 180 ° C for 20 minutes.
- Fry the meatballs in plenty of oil, you will get excellent fried carrot balls.
- Cook the meatballs in a pan with very little oil.
In the case of fried meatballs, you can make a last pass in the breadcrumbs before dipping thecarrot ballsin the frying oil.
In this first recipe you have preparedraw carrot balls, that is, carrot balls starting from raw carrots!
Meatballs with carrots and potatoes
Here are the ingredients:
- 2 carrots
- 2 potatoes
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon of breadcrumbs
- 10 gr of butter
- chopped parsley
In this case, you will have to start with 2 carrots and 2 potatoes that are just seared or steamed, then cooked but still with the perfect texture.
- Mash potatoes and carrots with a fork.
- Add an egg, salt, breadcrumbs.
- Add freshly ground pepper and, to taste, a sprig of chopped parsley.
- Add the breadcrumbs.
- From this base, get somecarrot and potato meatballsthat you can bake in the oven in the manner described above, or you can fry.
In the firstcarrot meatballs recipeI suggested you to use raw carrots enriching them with almond. In this second carrot meatball recipe you can start with cooked carrots and, if you prefer, season with cold cuts cut into pieces such as salami or speck.